Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Punishment

My seven-old stepson often misbehaves usually does bad behaviors or says naughty words, and he often gets punishedments for those things that. Such punishments as: no  he can’t watching cartoon TV programs on the weekend; he must practicing more piano everyday; he stood standing in on the corner of wall to think about his wrongful actions and ; also, how to avoid doing such actions in the future for ten to thirty minus (the punishment time depends on how serious his action were  he did).
On One day, we had just finished our visiting on Hoover Dam in Nevada and my husband was driving drove our rental car on the highway. Suddenly, my husband abruptly said, “Damn!” because he was missed an exit.  At that time, my stepson was exciteding and laughing loudly, and then he immediately said, “Hey, dad, I heard you use said a bad word just now.”
 “Did I?”  My husband denied quibbled about saying a bad word his bad word speaking.
“Yes, you did it!” The arrogant boy--like a serendipitous discoverer--said with  that certainly.
However, my husband still refused to acknowledge his own mistake. “I said, ‘d-a-m’ Hoover Dam that we visit this morning,” he explained for his false, “but not ‘d-a-m-n!’--you got it?”
Then why did you sayid this word after you missed one of exits?” the little boy disbelieved for the explanation of his dad.   
“He is was right,” I arbitrated for the dispute between dad and son at that moment, “you said a bad adjective word, not a noun word.”
 “You see…….two witnesses can approve that!!!” the young boy was cheered by for my judgment and said, “Let me think about how to punish you, dad…….” He pondered for a while and said, “You don’t like to watch Mickey Mouse; you don’t need to practice piano; the only punishment for you is just the last one—standing on the corner of the wall for ten minus!!! Yeah…………lalala……….” He exulted for the punishment, because he had a companion to stand with him that night  tonight.
Finally, my husband had no choice but to accept this punishment. And father and his son stood on the corner of wall and kept laughing at each other for ten minutes at that night……..  

1 comment:

  1. What a hilarious story!! I wonder how many Americans would have been able to immediately say that one is a noun and one is an adjective (or expletive). There are only a few things to fix here - I'll make edits and see you in class.

    ReplyDelete