Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The cover letter

My dream job: working at Safeway as a baker
Dear hiring manger,
My name is Dingmei Huang and I am writing to apply for a position as a baker in for your bakery department.
I am very interested in cake making so much and I can make variety of cakes. For example: foam cakes such as anglefood cake, sponge cake and chiffon cake; shorteninged cakes such as butter cake, pound cake and biscuits. I am an expert in foam cakes and decoration for cakes. And I still continue to study and learn to make more and more different cakes and desserts right now. For instance: Tiramisu, New York cheesecake, Puff, SoufflĂ© and caramel pudding etc (I have already enclosed some pictures of for my cake works; please take a look for them).
I am a hardworking, dexterous and friendly person and have a strongly sense of  responsibility about for everything. For example: I can focus on my baking and decoratingon for a long time (two hours or more); I can finish a delicate mousse cake within 60 minutes from mixing to decoratinon excluding baking and frosting time; I am very friendly and easy to communicate with and coorporate with other colleagues in my past work  job experience.     
This is an exciting opportunity for me to work at my favorite store. I greatly admired Safeway because after I came to the United States, it became a necessary part of my daily life. I deeply believe Safeway is one of the best grocery stores in Washington States, and it certainly has is the ingredients for everyone’s life. Hence, it I would be an honor to work for Safeway to make amazing cakes for everybody. I am certain that I would be an excellent baker for your bakery department. I sincerely faithfully hope you will could give me a chance to prove show myself.   
Thank you for your time spends reading this letter, the enclosed resume and portfolio. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely,
Dingmei Huang


 My cake works as following:





2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!!!!!
    I'll give you the edits in class......

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://hi.baidu.com/cary00m/blog/item/7ddf5edc9cf8293d5882dda0.html

    ReplyDelete